Tuesday, March 15, 2011

World Cup Cricket

I had an amazing opportunity to attend a world cup match! The match was South Africa vs Ireland and it took place at Eden Gardens. Eden Gardens is one of the largest stadiums in the world and it can hold 150,000 people. I was pumped to go and experience India's national pastime. Don't have me explain how the game is played because I'm still a little confused(here is some info ). It was fun to learn a new sport at this type of an event. The craziness that filled the stadium air. I was interviewed a few times on who I was rooting for and sure my face is plastered on Indian ESPN. I saw many 4's, 6's, and wickets. I know this blog post isn't long but cricket is hard for me to explain and is one of those sports that is better explained by someone who grew up watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment